Every day New Zealanders throw away 802,466 wheelie bins of rubbish. But not all of it really needs to be thrown out, surely something could be donated or sold to people who want or need the product....
The goal of the Litter Less Campaign is to reduce litter and affect long-term behavior change among global youth.
The main objectives are:
- To raise awareness of the affect of litter on the local environment and wider community
- To increase student knowledge and practical skills in preventing and managing litter
- To collaborate with other schools to promote ESD (education for sustainable development)
- To find and then report solutions through articles, photographs and videos
- To influence others by communicating with others through multimedia and other channels